Please report all serious workplace injuries and incidents immediately on 1800 777 209.
Use the contact us form to make a general enquiry.
Every day our Help Centre assists South Australian employers and workers to make informed decisions about their workplace needs on issues such as:
- amusement structures
- awards, wages (state and local government), long service leave
- chemicals storage and handling
- dangerous goods, substances and explosives
- daylight saving
- high risk work
- petroleum products
- public holidays
- shop trading hours
- work health and safety.
Make an enquiry
help.safework [at] sa.gov.au
Our centre is also a great space to use for work health and safety training and development sessions. Please give us a call if you would like to use our facilities.
Our Customer Service Centre provides a license and plant registration payment service. Payments can be made in person at our head office in Keswick or call us on 1300 365 255.
For media enquiries contact 0466 504 507 or media.safework [at] sa.gov.au
Our Customer Service Centre incorporates a Library service that holds a collection of resources on all aspects of working life. Subjects covered include work health and safety, wellbeing, industrial relations, return-to-work, management, professional and personal development. Search our Library catalogue anytime.
You are welcome to visit our library at Level 4, 33 Richmond Road, Keswick between 9am – 5pm weekdays.
We can accommodate group visits for:
- Level 1 Health and Safety Representatives participating in training with an Approved HSR Training Provider
- students where WHS is a component of their course of study
- other interested work groups.
All group visits – formal or informal - must be booked in advance.
Groups cannot exceed more than 20 participants.
Group visits to the Library should be booked preferably no less than four (4) weeks prior to the visit. The booking should be confirmed with the Library at least one (1) week prior to the day of the visit and include the names of attendees and the businesses they represent. Please also note:
- bookings can only be scheduled between 10am - 12pm or 2pm – 4pm
- all bookings and confirmations are to be emailed to resources.safework [at] sa.gov.au
- the Library should be notified immediately of any cancellations
- bookings are made on a 'first come first served' basis.
Library staff will provide a 15 minute introduction to Library services and resources.
An HSR visit includes a Role of the Agency presentation conducted by a WHS Advisor from our Workplace Advisory Services.
Please contact us on 8204 8877 for more information.
The trainer, lecturer or teacher must accompany the group and remain with them for the duration of the visit and ensure:
- each group arrives on time, or notify the Library if going to be late
- participants behave in an appropriate manner and are mindful of other visitors
- participants have a clear understanding of the topics they are required to research
Informal group visits
Informal group visits can be conducted by the trainer, lecturer or teacher to introduce the group to the Library. In this instance a tour will not be undertaken by Library staff.
Our Library has room for interested groups, including work health and safety committees, to hold workplace meetings.
Contact the Library on 8204 8877 for further information and to make a venue booking.
DX 51105, Berri
PO Box 346
Telephone: 8595 2199
38 Sturt Street
DX 29034, Mount Gambier
PO Box 871
Telephone: 8735 1199
Level 1, 73-75 Tasman Terrace
DX 51052, Port Lincoln
PO Box 2862
Telephone: 8688 3057
32 Ellen Street
DX 54017, Port Pirie
PO Box 462
Telephone: 8638 4776
15-17 Horwood Street
DX 60022, Whyalla
PO Box 696
Telephone: 8648 8733