The development of SafeWork SA’s Strategic Plan was among the recommendations of a 2018 evaluation of the practices, policies and procedures of the regulator arm of the Agency conducted by the Hon Bruce Lander QC, Independent Commissioner Against Corruption.
The inaugural 2019-2022 Strategic Plan was launched in 2019.
The 2023-2027 Strategic Plan was launched in October 2022 and sets a clear direction for our activities over the next five years.
The new plan came into effect from 1 January 2023 and aims to help make South Australian workplaces safe through trusted and respected regulation and our core values of professionalism, respect, integrity and service.
Under the 2023-27 Plan, SafeWork SA will:
- be the employer of choice for developing a contemporary workforce
- promote the SafeWork SA brand as a trusted and intelligence-led Regulator who works collaboratively across industry
- be a global leader in regulatory compliance theory and practise and work with stakeholders to transfer knowledge into healthy and safe workplaces
- create a mobile workforce and make it easy for people to interact with us.
Strategic Plan 2019-2022 Closure Report
The 2019-2022 Strategic Plan outlines goals to achieve our vision of keeping South Australians safe, we:
- worked with industry using more accessible and flexible arrangements
- regulated fairly and firmly against non-compliance to protect workers and industry
- became a contemporary and agile organisation, supporting innovative ways of working
- built a culture of performance excellence, evidence-based and transparent decision making so we are an effective and trusted Regulator.
The Closure Report on the inaugural plan was released in January 2023 and details how we delivered our objectives and success measures.