Skip to content


High Risk Work

High Risk Work

Licence to Perform High Risk Work

A Licence to Perform High Risk Work is required for the following kinds of work:

The Licence is recognised all around Australia as part of a national licensing system and was introduced in South Australia on 1 September 2010.

How to obtain a new licence

To get a Licence for the first time or to add a new class to your Licence you must be trained and assessed as competent by an Assessor who is accredited with SafeWork SA.

Pre-High Risk Work Licences

Older style tickets and Certificates of Competency (pre-High Risk Work) have now expired and are no longer valid.

In order to undertake High Risk Work you will need to be trained and assessed.