We report on work health and safety matters including:
- notifiable workplace fatalities where the death of a worker is confirmed as work related
- the number of Improvement Notices and Prohibition Notices issued by our Inspectors to enforce work health and safety compliance
- audits of major public events
- finalised work health and safety investigations which includes all completed investigations further to a notifiable serious injury or dangerous incident or complaint
- how many workplaces we visit and audit - we call these workplace interventions.
Workplace fatality statistics are preliminary, based on initial reports, until confirmation of work-related status is established following investigation. All confirmed workplace deaths are reported nationally to Safe Work Australia - Notifiable fatalities monthly report and Worker fatalities.
(as at end Dec)
|Reactive compliance and enforcement ||10357 ||12525||6777|
|Complaints, notifications, education, engagement and support visits ||4015||24338||1857|
|Proactive compliance and enforcement ||5157||8815||3257|
|Improvement Notices Issued ||1575 ||2342||1308|
|Prohibition Notices Issued ||688||650||385|
|Expiation Notices Issued ||0 ||1||0|
|Notifiable Fatalities under WHS legislation ||19 ||20||Current|
*Since 1 January 2012 road traffic incidents resulting in the death of a worker are included as notifiable.