We report on work health and safety matters including:
- notifiable workplace fatalities where the death of a worker is confirmed as work related
- the number of Improvement Notices and Prohibition Notices issued by our Inspectors to enforce work health and safety compliance
- audits of major public events
- finalised work health and safety investigations which includes all completed investigations further to a notifiable serious injury or dangerous incident or complaint
- how many workplaces we visit and audit - we call these workplace interventions.
Workplace fatality statistics are preliminary, based on initial reports, until confirmation of work-related status is established following investigation. All confirmed workplace deaths are reported nationally to Safe Work Australia - Notifiable Fatalities Monthly Report and Worker fatalities.
(as at end Dec)
|Reactive compliance and enforcement ||10357 ||6523|
|Complaints, notifications, education, engagement and support visits ||4015||834|
|Proactive compliance and enforcement ||5157||4081|
|Improvement Notices Issued ||1575 ||1177|
|Prohibition Notices Issued ||688||391|
|Expiation Notices Issued ||0 ||1|
|Notifiable Fatalities under WHS legislation ||19 ||Current|
|Activity ||2012-2013 ||2013-2014 ||2014-2015|
|Workplace Interventions ||27942 ||29693 ||21077|
|WHS Investigations finalised ||4067 ||3536 ||3280|
|Prevention Initiatives ||442 ||319 ||2287|
|Improvement Notices Issued ||1950 ||1347 ||1728|
|Prohibition Notices Issued ||832 ||629 ||832|
|Notifiable Fatalities under WHS legislation ||19 ||14 ||15|
*Since 1 January 2012 road traffic incidents resulting in the death of a worker are included as notifiable.