Reports on the outcome of a WHS Entry Permit Holder's inquiries at a workplace
Pursuant to section 117 (6) of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA) (the WHS Act), where a WHS entry permit holder exercises a power of entry without being accompanied by a SafeWork SA work health and safety inspector the WHS entry permit holder must provide a report to SafeWork SA on the outcome of their inquiries. Use the template (Word 114kb) to report the entry to SafeWork SA.
The report must include the following information:
- the WHS entry permit holder's full name
- the permit number
- the name and address of the workplace that was entered
- the date of entry, and
- details of any contravention of the WHS Act that, in the opinion of the WHS entry permit holder, has occurred.
The report on the outcome of a WHS Entry Permit Holder's inquiries at a workplace can be sent to SafeWork SA:
- via email by sending the report to email@example.com; or
- via fax by sending the report to 8303 0411
- via regular mail by posting the report to:
GPO Box 465,
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Regulation 28 (2) (a) requires that the report is published on SafeWork SA's website. The following reports represent those reports received by SafeWork SA in 2013.
Note: Section 130 of the Act provides that a WHS entry permit holder is not required to disclose the name of any worker to the person conducting the business or undertaking, and may do so only with the consent of the worker hence some names in the report have been redacted by SafeWork SA.
For further information on reports on the outcome of a WHS Entry Permit Holder's inquiries at a workplace please contact the SafeWork SA Help Centre on 1300 365 255.