Skip to content


Evidence of identity requirements

High Risk Work

Upon payment for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work, the applicant must produce 100 points of identification.

All documents must be originals.

If an applicant cannot produce a primary document, 100 points can be made up from a combination of secondary documents - provided at least one document includes photo identification, the applicant's full name and signature (e.g. a driver's licence). At least one of the documents must show the applicant's date of birth.

If the applicant cannot produce evidence of identity documents in accordance with the requirements specified below, the application cannot proceed.

All forms of identification set out below must be current unless it is expressly stated otherwise.

Primary Documents - 70 Points Secondary Documents - 40 Points Secondary Documents - 25 Points
Australian Passport (current or expired which has not been cancelled and was current within the preceding 2 years) Australian Driver's Licence Proof of Age Card
International Passport (Current passports only. Expired passports will not be accepted.)  Passport in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official translation. Licence to Perform High Risk Work Medicare Card
Australian Full Birth Certificate or Certificate Extract Public Service Identity Card Current bank or credit union issued credit card, debit or account card
Australian Citizenship Certificate Tertiary Education Identity Card Bank or Credit Union statement
  Veterans' Affairs Card Council Rates Notice
  Centrelink Card Utility bill
  Health Care Card Telephone bill
    Motor vehicle registration certificate

Paying for your new Licence

Simply take your Tax Invoice to a Service SA Customer Service Centre or an Australia Post Photopoint outlet in South Australia within 60 days of the date of issue. You will need to show 100 points of identification, provide your Tax Invoice, pay $78 (or $42 if you are adding a class), provide a signature sample and have your photograph taken.

Your application will be processed and your new Licence to Perform High Risk Work card will then be produced and mailed to you. 

Please ensure that you keep your receipt as evidence of payment until you receive your Licence.

Please note: A South Australian issued Tax Invoice for a High Risk Work Licence can only be paid at a Service SA Customer Service Centre or Australia Post Photopoint outlet within South Australia.