We have prepared a planning kit to show how easy it is to organise your own workplace event as part of National Safe Work Month. These events can be fun and informal like a safety quiz or morning tea, as simple as conducting a workplace safety inspection, or something more serious like a toolbox talk or team training session about safety.
Once you have registered your event with us then you will go into the running to win a prize. See the Register to Win tab for details of prizes and T&Cs.
See what other workplaces are doing for more ideas.
By holding a work health and safety activity or event during October 2018 and registering it on our website, you’ll go in the running to win one of two workplace wellbeing packs. Each pack includes a healthy fruit gift hamper.
When you register, we’ll send you a fun National Safe Work Month activity kit to help get you started!
Terms and conditions
- This competition is being run by SafeWork SA, Level 4, 33 Richmond Road, Keswick SA 5035.
- By registering a workplace activity during National Safe Work Month businesses are automatically entered into this competition. Businesses may withdraw from the competition by writing to SafeWork SA.
- SafeWork SA will collect your personal information for the purposes of subscribing you to our email service and you will only be contacted by SafeWork SA and not by any other organisation. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
- Each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions and is deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition commences at midnight Monday 1 October 2018 and closes at midnight Wednesday 31 October 2018 (“Competition Period”). Two winners will be selected at the conclusion of the Competition Period based on the judging matrix.
- To qualify to win a prize, Entrants must register their workplace activity with SafeWork SA, host a workplace activity that promotes safety in the workplace and promote National Safe Work Month on social media using #safeworkmonth #southaustralia
- By entering the competition each Entrant agrees for SafeWork SA to contact them via Facebook or direct message if they win a prize.
- It is the Entrant’s responsibility to participate in the competition safely, thoroughly, accurately and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The value of the prize is shown in Australian Dollars and includes GST (where applicable). Prices are current at the time of the competition but are subject to change.
- The prizes remain the property of SafeWork SA until claimed by the winner.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprising of SafeWork SA staff. Assessment is based on creativity and originality of the workplace activity, relevance to work health and safety, use of #safeworkmonth on social media and the reach of their activity.
- SafeWork SA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by Facebook comment or direct message and posted on the SafeWork SA Facebook page by Friday 9 November 2018.
- All prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility or liability if a winner is unable to be contacted, and all methods of communication are unsuccessful. If a winner is unable to be contacted the panel of judges may select another winner.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility or liability if a winner is unable to use the prize for any reason.
- SafeWork SA makes no representation, expressly or implied, as to the quality, reliability or suitability of the prize and expressly disclaims any liability. Any problems associated with the prize should be brought to the attention of the supplier of the respective goods or services.
Back to National Safe Work Month