1 March 2011
A shearer was fatally injured after being struck in the neck by a wide comb handpiece.
- Incorrect position of the sheep.
- Use of faulty or damaged equipment.
- Inadequate information, instruction, training and supervision of the worker.
- Ensure that the sheep and the shearer are correctly positioned.
- Ensure that the handpiece is in good working order.
- Ensure that the shearer has received adequate information, instruction, training and is appropriately supervised.
Disclaimer: While care has been taken to ensure the accuracy and currency of the information in this publication, at the time of reading it may not be sufficiently accurate, current or complete to suit your individual needs. Reliance on the information in this publication is at your own risk. SafeWork SA accepts no liability for any loss resulting from your reliance on it. To best meet your work health and safety obligations refer to current Acts, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice.