SafeWork SA's first Annual Activity Report reporting on the agency's operations has been released.
The first annual activity report for SafeWork SA was tabled in Parliament today.
In response to the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption’s (ICAC) Evaluation, SafeWork SA has prepared an annual activity report to report on operations, including the exercise of statutory powers, the number of internal and external reviews conducted and the outcomes of those reviews.
'SafeWork SA has been through a period of significant change over the past 12 months’, Executive Director Martyn Campbell said.
‘Following the ICAC Evaluation, which detailed 39 recommendations, we have launched a Steering Committee to progress projects associated with the recommendations as a priority.
As at 30 June 2018,five recommendations were completed and one had been partially completed’.
SafeWork SA has focused on a number of reform programs and will be continuing to build capability of the organisation to meet the expectations of stakeholders and industry”, said Campbell.
'The services provided by SafeWork SA are key in building a culture of safety and compliance in South Australian workplaces. I look forward in 2019-20 to continuing the important work educating businesses and improving workplace safety,” Mr Campbell said.
View the full 2018-19 SafeWork SA Annual Activity Report.
Key performance facts:
- More than 45,000 calls were received by Customer Service Centre
- 96% of calls were responded to in less than 3 minutes
- More than 126,000 searches on our online library catalogue were conducted
- More than 45,000 licence applications were processed
- 15,510 compliance and enforcement visits were undertaken
- 703 prohibition notices and 2,441 improvement notices were issued
- 89% of complaints and notifications were finalised within 6 months