SafeWork SA

You are here

Go to top of page

Transport of explosives by road licence

This licence is required for the transport by road of explosives. It is not required for the carriage of Classes 1.3G, 1.4G, or 1.4S explosives, eg party poppers, Christmas crackers or safety fuse. A licence may be granted only to the owner to whom it is issued, for the vehicle specified and for the quantity of explosive stated. These licences are not transferable.

Application forms: PDF icon Explosives - Carriage - Application for licence

Additional information:

Fees: The fee payable is dependent on the quantity being carried. Please refer to our PDF icon list of fees for further information.

Duration: 1 year

Legislation: Explosives Act 1936