We are committed to effective stakeholder consultation for all legislation in our jurisdiction before making any recommendations to the Treasurer.
Hard copies of legislation can be purchased online from Service SA. To automatically receive hard copy amendments to a piece of legislation, contact Government Publishing SA on 8207 0908 or admingovpubsa [at] sa.gov.au (email).
South Australia's work health and safety laws align with those in New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory, the Northern Territory and the Commonwealth who have all adopted the same national model laws.
Codes of Practice provide practical guidance on how to comply with your legal obligations. We have developed a glossary to help explain some of the terminology used in the legislation and Codes of Practice.
See our mining and quarrying page for further information.
See our health and safety section for further information.
See our daylight saving page for further information.
See our shop trading arrangements pagefor further information.
- Fair Work Act 1994
- Fair Work (General) Regulations 2009
- Fair Work (Clothing Outworker Code of Practice) Regulations 2007
- Fair Work (Representation) Regulations 2009
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Commonwealth)
- Fair Work (Transitional Provisions And Consequential Amendments) Act 2009 (Commonwealth)
- Fair Work Regulations 2009 (Commonwealth)
See our industrial relations systems page for further information on wages and conditions.
- Long Service Leave Act 1987
- Long Service Leave Regulations 2017
- Construction Industry Long Service Leave Act 1987
See our long service leave page for further information.
- Dangerous Substances Act 1979
- Dangerous Substances (General) Regulations 2017
- Dangerous Substances (Fees) Regulations 2017
- Dangerous Substances (Dangerous Goods Transport) Regulations 2008
See our chemicals and substances page for further information.
- Explosives Act 1936
- Explosives (Security Sensitive Substances) Regulations 2006
- Explosives Regulations 2011
- Explosives (Fireworks) Regulations 2016
See our explosives page for further information.