To help achieve improved consultation and representation in South Australian workplaces, we work with Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), Health and Safety Committee (HSC) members, Persons Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBUs) and workers.
Our Workplace Advisory Service can provide free support, advice and information about:
- forming work groups
- determining appropriate HSRs
- electing HSRs and deputy HSRs
- HSR training and entitlements
- HSR and HSC roles and functions
- establishing HSCs
- promoting the roles of HSRs and HSCs in the workplace.
Our advisors also conduct information sessions for workplaces and groups on HSR and HSC roles and functions, and consultation processes for resolving safety issues.
We also manage:
Upon request, one of our WHS Inspectors can be appointed to:
- decide on the structure of a work group that has not been successfully negotiated or agreed upon between PCBUs and workers
- settle a disagreement or delay in the provision of HSR training
- assist in the resolution of a health and safety issue that is unable to be resolved, despite reasonable efforts, or an issue arising from the cessation of unsafe work
- conduct a review and decide on the outcome of a disputed provisional improvement notice (PIN).
For help with any of the above please phone us on 1300 365 255.
We maintain HSR records online. PCBUs can advise of HSR election results, download reports on currents HSRs and view listings by site/location. Approved training providers can also search online to check if HSRs are registered with us or have already attended training within their current term of office.
Consultation and representation at work - fact sheet providing guidelines for both employers and workers about best practice consultation on health and safety in the workplace
Worker representation and participation guide - Safe Work Australia