Organise your own workplace activity
Start planning your workplace activity today. These events can be fun and informal like a safety quiz or morning tea, as simple as conducting a workplace safety inspection, or something more serious like a toolbox talk or team training session about safety.
SafeWork SA and Safe Work Australia have put together some promotional resources to help your workplace get into the safety spirit.
See what other workplaces are doing for more ideas.
Register to win
By holding a work health and safety activity or event during October 2019 and registering it on our website, you’ll be in the running to win a prize valued up to $500 from a range of South Australian products.
When you register, we’ll send you a National Safe Work Month kit to help get you started!
Terms and conditions
- This competition is being run by SafeWork SA, Level 4, 33 Richmond Road, Keswick SA 5035.
- Each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions and is deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
- SafeWork SA will collect your personal information for the purposes of subscribing you to our email service and you will only be contacted by SafeWork SA and not by any other organisation. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
- Register a workplace activity during September or October 2019 to be eligible for the competition. Businesses may withdraw from the competition by webmaster.safework [at] sa.gov.au (emailing SafeWork SA).
- SafeWork SA will publish a list of participants and their activities on their website.
- The competition commences at midnight Monday 1 October 2019 and closes at midnight Wednesday 31 October 2019 (“Competition Period”). Ten winners will be selected at the conclusion of the Competition Period based on the judging matrix.
- To qualify to win a prize, entrants must:
- register their workplace activity with SafeWork SA
- host a workplace activity that promotes safety in the workplace during National Safe Work Month (October 2019)
- promote your workplace activity on social media using @SafeWorkSA, #safeworkmonth, and #safetychampion.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees for SafeWork SA to contact them if they win a prize.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to participate in the competition safely, thoroughly, accurately and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The value of each prize is AUD$500 and includes GST (where applicable). Prices are current at the time of the competition but are subject to change.
- The prizes remain the property of SafeWork SA until claimed by the winner.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprising of SafeWork SA staff. Assessment is based on creativity and originality of the workplace activity, relevance to work health and safety, the reach of their activity and use of social media tags as specified in the entry conditions.
- SafeWork SA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by SafeWork SA by Friday 8 November 2019. Winners details will be posted on SafeWork SA's social media.
- All prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility or liability if a winner is unable to be contacted, and all methods of communication are unsuccessful. If a winner is unable to be contacted the panel of judges may select another winner.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- SafeWork SA accepts no responsibility or liability if a winner is unable to use the prize for any reason.
- SafeWork SA makes no representation, expressly or implied, as to the quality, reliability or suitability of the prize and expressly disclaims any liability. Any problems associated with the prize should be brought to the attention of the supplier of the respective goods or services.