The below websites may be of interest to you and can provide a range of advice on various issues.
Commonwealth Government | State Government | Education and training | Traineeships and apprenticeships | Legal services/law | Unions | Womens services | Other links
- Australian Human Rights Commission works to protect and promote the human rights of all people in Australia.
- Australian Taxation Office is the Government's principal revenue collection agency.
- Comcare is the Commonwealth Government agency that aims to protect the health, safety and welfare of workers covered by the system through education, assurance and enforcement, whilst managing the workers compensation claims of Commonwealth Government employees.
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) is the Commonwealth Government department providing national leadership in education and workplace training, transition to work and conditions and values in the workplace.
- Parliament of Australia details the process of the Commonwealth Parliament, including providing access to Hansard, publications and Parliamentary Departments.
- Fair Work Ombudsman provides assistance and services to workers and employers regarding their rights and obligations under the Commonwealth workplace relations system.
- Department of Education and Children's Services (DECS) is responsible for ensuring the provision of children's services and public education throughout South Australia.
- Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology (DFEEST) provides services to industry and commerce, students, employees, training institutions, community and government stakeholders.
- Employee Ombudsman
provides advice and assistance to South Australian employees on a range of issues regarding their rights and obligations at work.
- Equal Opportunity Commission
provides education and training to individuals, organisations and businesses to create a better understanding of equal opportunity laws.
- Minister for Industrial Relations website provides a profile for the Minister.
- Office for Women works towards achieving gender equity and positive change for women in South Australia.
- Office for Youth builds opportunity for youth through a range of programs, policy initiatives and grants.
- Public Sector Workforce Relations manages industrial relations and the workforce wellbeing role for the South Australian public sector.
- SACE Board of SA serves year 11 and 12 students in South Australia and administers the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
- SafeWork SA has developed the Youth@Work website, however, access to all information regarding occupational health, safety and welfare and industrial relations can be accessed here.
Education and training
- Flinders University provides useful information about study options and a range of aspects including; courses, faculties etc.
- Skills for all provides a guide to employment and training in South Australia.
- TAFE SA provides vocational education and training options including; courses, campuses etc.
- University of Adelaide provides useful information about study options and a range of aspects including; courses, faculties, campuses etc.
- University of South Australia provides useful information about study options and a range of aspects including; courses, scholarships, campuses etc.
Traineeships and apprenticeships
- Australian Technical Colleges these colleges cater for Years 11 and 12 students who wish to study for their Year 12 certificate and start an apprenticeship whilst still at school.
- Group Training Australia (GTA) place apprentices and trainees with a range of small and large host businesses who provide on the job training. GTA is active in most industries - automotive, construction, electrical, plumbing, engineering, horticulture, community services, retail, hospitality and business administration.
- MyFuture is a website that provides users with information to assist in exploring career options based on personalised preferences.
- Office of the Training Advocate provides support for individuals and organisations to promote employment, education and training.
- Legal Services Commission
is jointly funded by the South Australian and Commonwealth Governments and provides access to legal services for those who cannot afford to pay for private legal representation.
- Legislation SA
provides access to all South Australian legislation e.g. Acts, Regulations, Policies, Bills and Proclamations.
- Parliament of South Australia details the processes of the South Australian Parliament, discover its history and access information such as Hansard.
- SA Unions provides a range of services, campaigns and projects that the union is involved with.
- Young Workers Legal Service is an initiative of SA Unions to assist young workers under 30 with employment related issues.
- Working Women’s Centre provides information, support, advice and advocacy series to women on work related issues.
- WorkCoverSA provides protection to workers in the event of a workplace injury and oversees the rehabilitation, compensation and return to work process associated with the worker's compensation system.
- Youth Affairs Council of South Australia (YACSA) is a source of information on the interests and issues of young people.
3 June, 2013