South Australia has new work health and safety laws. While this information remains relevant, the references to legislation may not be current.
The old adage - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure - is never more true than in our workplaces.
Estimates suggest that for every dollar spent on workers compensation there is an indirect cost of up to nine dollars paid by any business involved in a claim.
Investing in education and training in Work Health and Safety (WHS) is worth the investment for your business.
In this section you'll find:
- Workplace tests for students and young workers in online activities and tests.
- A generic approach to hazard management and making workplaces SAFER (See it, Assess it, Fix it, Evaluate and Review) in Hazard Management.
- Research materials for lessons in WHS for students.
- Lesson plans and resources in WHS for teachers.
- Resources for professional WHS trainers to deliver workplace training including plain language guides for workers with varying levels of literacy in training kits.