As South Australia's work health and safety agency, SafeWork SA regulates, promotes and encourages safe, fair, productive working lives.
A business unit of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, SafeWork SA administers state industrial relations legislation and manages the state's work health and safety functions.
Our team is dedicated to achieving this by:
- providing advice and assistance to workers and employers
- increasing workplace safety through active involvement and consultation with employers, businesses, workers and the community
- growing knowledge, understanding and skills with improved education and training
- ensuring compliance and helping everyone to understand and meet their regulatory obligations
- developing prevention initiatives based on sound research and delivered with effective engagement
- monitoring and assessing safety procedures to encourage and help with a cycle of continuous improvement.
Working with employers, workers, business, industry, government and unions, we provide a full range of work health and safety, public safety and state-based industrial relations services to all South Australian workplaces.