The importance of OHS
Year Level: Year 10
Time: 45 minutes
The aim of this lesson is to demonstrate to students that every workplace has health and safety issues.
- Students will be able to identify the term "workplace."
- Students will be able to identify a "new worker."
- Students will be able to describe the issues relating to health and safety for a new worker.
Suggested Learning Activities:
- Ask students to identify and list a range of occupations and workplaces.
- Ask students to choose an occupation and list what a new worker would need to know and why.
Videos & brochures
The WorkCover Customer Information Centre (08) 8233 2222 has an extensive range of general and industry-specific videos and brochures for your information.