Year Level: Year 10
Time: 45 minutes
The aim of this lesson is to introduce students to the laws that apply to Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare (OHS&W).
- Students will be able to identify a "law".
- Students will recognise why health and safety laws are needed.
- Students will have an awareness of the laws relating to OHS.
- Students will understand the responsibilities of employers and employees.
Suggested Learning Activities:
- Ask students to identify some laws and the reasons for them.
- Provide students with steps involved in making a law.
- Provide students with 3-4 case studies asking students to identify who is responsible for preventing the injury.
- Describe reasons for health & safety laws.
- Provide students with copies of responsibilities for employers and employees.
- Show overhead of legal pyramid and explain the relationship between each section.
Videos & brochures
The SafeWork SA Library, 8204 8877, has an extensive range of general and
industry-specific videos and brochures for your information.