Using the case studies provided, identify and list how an injury can affect the individual, the employer and the community. The proforma will assist you.
What if there is a workplace incident?
- Briefly explain the types of workplace incidents that must be recorded, who should be alerted and outline how you may report them.
- Imagine there has been an accident at work that has resulted in a worker being taken to hospital with head injuries (you are the supervisor and are required to conduct an investigation). Briefly outline the steps you would take, the type of information you would gather and who you would involve.
- Imagine you are involved in an accident that results in a severe cut to your arm. Outline the procedure you need to follow to report and claim for this injury. Consider things such as whether or not to report the accident and who to? Do you need to fill out a form? If yes, where can you get the form and whom do you give it to?
- Explain why a focus on return to work for an injured worker is important.
- List three examples of people who may be involved in assisting an injured worker return to work.
- List three organisations that can help you with OHS and provide one example of how these organisations can help.