Year Level: Year 10
Time: 45 minutes
The aim of the lesson is to assist students identify hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Students will be able to define a hazard.
- Students will list a range of hazards in the workplace.
- Students will be able to define what is a risk.
- Students will know the difference between a hazard and risk.
- Students will know how risks may be controlled in the workplace.
Suggested Learning Activities:
- Ask students for their definition of a hazard.
- Ask the students to develop a list of hazards.
- Students will list the risks associated with the identified hazards.
- Brainstorm with students how the risks could be controlled.